SP2 Mouse cursor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

preet2u

Daemon Poster
I'm not sure if many people are facing this issue. 'Coz i couldn't find much on the web.

Anywayz ... herez the problem

Ever since i installed Sp2 the mouse cursor automatically changes to the move cursor
Cursor.jpg
Instead of the standard pointer.

This never used to happen earlier. I've noticed this with more than a couple of machines post Sp2 installation.

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this issue.

This happens irrespective of whether the drivers for the mouse are installed or not.

its probably possible to change it in Control Panel/Mouse/cursors

as for the cause of this issue,couldnt tell :cool:

Ofcourse it is possible to change the cursor back ... But then it's a pain to keep doing it ...

N' it just changes as your workin' without any kind of notice...

Shoobie : Nope .. i've not used any custom cursor .. infact ... i've been facing this on clean installs. The problem starts rite after the Sp2 installation.

Try searching Microsoft's website, but also check in your registry.

Also, when does this happen? Every time you reboot? When using a certain program? Regularly? Randomly?

i had the exact same problem a few months back with SP1, it was really annoying.

formatting my computer seamed to do the trick until a few week back i used nero, emule was also open and it started to do it again but now it is ok.

do u use either eMule or nero when it happens?

Regularly : When it happens often

Randomly : B'coz there's no particular symtom of when it's going to occur.

Akm2k : I do use Nero .. but then the problem persists irrespective of whether i use Nero or not.

In the context of my question, "Regularly" would have an answer along the lines of "Yes, at five minutes after I boot up, it happens, every single time."
"Randomly" would be more like "I never know when it's going to happen. Sometimes it doesn't happen, other times it happens 6 times before the desktop even comes up."

I'm still wondering what you've got going on. I use Nero, and haven't encountered that problem. Never used eMule. I'm unaware of any mouse-capture that Nero uses, so I doubt it's doing anything to your mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom