My Rig: Extensive advice or insite needed plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tape would be a wonderful idea! Should i use electricians tape? Also if you look at my back panel, you'll notice the wires on the far right. Those are my case fans. They came with male and female plugs. Is it ok to plug in the fans male -> female plugs, and only use the 1 plug into the power supply?

Just wondering. It looked like it would be ok to me, but i just want to make sure :p

Also, the hard drive and the blue ray both have sata connectors on them atm. That's the right one to use on them i hope. :D

Thanks guys, ill clean her up with tape!

(And if you look really closely i was trying to hide some of the cables in the hard drive tray) ;)

yeup, those fan connectors are called " molex connectors " and you can plug them into each other, thats called a " daisy Chain "... if you want to cut down on the amount of Molex connectors you have daisy chained together you can get a couple of these:

4-Fan Wiring Harness, 3-Pin - infotechnow.com - Computer Store

any tape will work...

EDIT: have you ever seen the Tehachapi Loop?

Yes! Been there many times. The GF's dad broke his ankle near there riding on his 50 :p right before Christmas XD

So yeah, i know of it, Why?

You should try cleaning up those spare power cables at the bottom of the case. Maybe pull them around to the back, get a ziptie or some tape and bind them together in a flat line

Yes! Been there many times. The GF's dad broke his ankle near there riding on his 50 :p right before Christmas XD

So yeah, i know of it, Why?

i Envy you, ive always wanted to see it...

back in my younger days i was a train freak i have over $15,000 worth of model trains sitting in my closet because i refuse to sell them... i know WAY more about trains then i know about computers... ( i dont really know that much about computer to be honest :p )

i Envy you, ive always wanted to see it...

back in my younger days i was a train freak i have over $15,000 worth of model trains sitting in my closet because i refuse to sell them... i know WAY more about trains then i know about computers... ( i dont really know that much about computer to be honest :p )

Then why don't you take a train out here and see it for your self? like 40 $'s or something. And I'm fairly sure they have passenger trains come out here. Some tour-like thing for people or something. Or you could drive ... i dunno. If you want to see it, you should.

So I've started lapping. I'm planning on going to 20 rounds per grit @ 40 repetitions per side in each round. Does that sound like a good number? Or should i go more or less?

Also, how can i tell when i need to change the grit I'm working with for a new sheet of that same grit? (Like when there is a lot of residue on the one sheet, should i change to the same grit / new sheet?)

And last but not least. Adding the Tuniq tx-2, should i just put a pea sized bead on the cpu and let the heatsink spread it? or should i spread it my self?

Thanks guys!

lapping takes as long as it takes... biggest thing is DO NOT APPLY ANNY PRESSURE!

you change grits when it doesnt feel/sound like the grit you are using is doing anything any more.

use an **** UNCOOKED GRAIN OF RICE***** size blob, and some people say spread it some people say just put the heat sink on and that will spread it. ive done both and havnt noticed a difference so it just depends no what you want to do, but i prefer spreading it. here is a picture of how much thermal compound to use. and apply the paste to your CPU not the heat sink.
blob.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom