Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be able to read what it says when it gives you the BSoD hit F8 during the startup as if you were going into Safe Mode. There will be an option to Disable Auto Restart on system failure.

windows-7-startup-menu.png

This will allow you to start up the PC and see the BSoD code for us to be able to help you more.

well i cant get the blue screen message at all ... soooo what now... just assume that the ram is bad and buy new one?? that doesnt help me at all.. i need to be sure.. i will see if i can get some ram from another computer to test it..

Well without the BSoD codes there is no way for us to be sure. We are going by the little bit of information that you have given us. Yeah doesnt help, but there is nothing more we can do without those codes. Can you get us the minidumps by booting into a Linux LiveCD?

Thanks mak213.. the BSOD shows this

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

*** STOP: 0x0000006B ( 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

i also got the linux bootable cd.. first time dealing with linux , and i loved it ( i am thinking on installing it in one of my computers :) .. since i could not figure out how to get the dump files with linux
.. i got it the other way by pressing f8..

hey guiys i tried reinstalling windows xp, and now it game another blue screen ( first time booting up after the installation) the message says c00000221 { bad image checksum} i looked it up on the microsoft website and it says that its becuase of faulty ram and a file missing.. somethign liek that.. i think i will buy new ram.. here is what i found.

"Bad Image Checksum" Error When You Upgrade to Windows XP

First off are you doing a clean install of Win 7 or an upgrade? I'd say if it's a clean install, format everything first using GParted and then install a fresh copy of Win 7. I think an OEM copy of Win 7 is like $99 on Newegg... if that fails then chances are your RAM is fried.

Download and run Memtest86+ please, run it for 4-5 passes and post the results, if you are getting these errors in multiple operating systems/installs then it's faulty hardware, most likely RAM, or possibly a damaged hard drive, but, I wanna think RAM as the culprit.

i just runned it.. well guees what.. it says that it passed.. no errors found so the ram is not the problem here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom