Prebuilt - CyberPower, Newegg, ?? Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjm6542

Baseband Member
First things first, I have built 2 PC's before and had problems with both. I do not want to build another, I want a warranty, I'm ok with paying a little more/getting a little less. :D

I was looking mainly at CyberPower's website and building but their shipping is retarded high. Newegg has their PC's almost identical to what I built for roughly the same price and shipping through them is MUCH cheaper plus I can select a different display that's better/cheaper so yea, I want to stick to Newegg. I need everything, monitor, PC, OS, etc... $1000 budget. Mainly for FFXIV and other new releases.

The one I selected Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme 1072LQ Intel Core i5 655K(3.20GHz) 4GB DDR3 1TB ATI Radeon HD 5770 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Monitor is Newegg.com - ASUS VH202T-P Glossy black 20" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor w/ HDCP Support 300 cd/m2 ASCR 20000:1 Built in Speakers w/ Aspect Control

What ya think? I grabbed some Logitech speaker and the grand total is $1046 shipped. Not bad I thought. Any recommendations or things about this setup I should avoid? Thanks.

thats a good little system... only thing that is kind of weak is the graphics card... and the motherboard doesnt have another PCI express slot so you are stuck with only one graphics card.

how long ago did you build your computers?

I was under the impression that the 5770 was a good card, not weak. Last I built was roughly 3 years ago. A 2nd PCIe slot isn't a big deal, I don't want to crossfire. I generally just stick with a PC for a few years then buy new, not upgrade pieces.

The computer isn't to bad. Since you are looking for a gaming computer I would look for a better graphic card. Like you said you want to play FF series and most of the high rez movies do tend to get pretty graphic intensive. Do you have a preference on NVIDIA or ATI? Other than that the computer is pretty nice otherwise would run some modern to older games fine.

I don't see the point of selling a build with a dual core with integrated graphics, in this case a i5 655, when you can put a quadcore for $10 more, i5 760, if the build has a dedicated graphics.

I have no preference to Intel/AMD ATI/Nvidia. I haven't bought yet, if that one is much better then that one is the one I'll order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom