Blue screen of death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlosdzv

Baseband Member
The problem is that it wont boot up, it gives me a blue screen right after 3 minutes of loading the windows loading logo. ( starting windows) and i cant know what it says because it reboots right away.. it had xp but now i tried installing windows 7 everything went fine with the installation until it was trying to boot up for the first time. it happens the same thing as when xp was installed ( the blue screen and the reboot) .. any ideas?

Can you post your system specs for us? Specifically what RAM you are running.

Also what error(s) the BSoD is giving you.

pro2a, he can't read the BSOD error.

I suspect it is a corrupt windows startup process. Can you get into safe mode? I would try that. Sometimes bootting into safe mode and then rebooting your system fixes it.

thats one of the problem i am not able to read what it says on the blue screen because it reboots righ after is shown. i have 1gb ram ddr2 samsung 2rx16 , 320 gb hdd, i have tried pressing pause on the keyboaard so i that i can reasd the bsod but it doesnt do anythign also i checked the bios to see if i can disable the self reboot after a crash but i dont have an option like that in my bios. samsun

nope safe mode does the same :(

Are you running Win 7 64bit or 32bit? I know Win 7 64 bit needs at least 2GB of memory to run properly.

Also one thing that worked for me when I was getting tons of BSDs was to set BIOS back to the default settings and work my way up from there.

i meant i had done it before i posted this.. i am starting to think it has to do with hardware.. maybe ram??? ahh someone??... is there a different way to get the info of the blue screen error? i mean i think that if i could read what that blue screen says it would be much easier to fix this/

Chances are your RAM is bad, especially if XP was giving you issues as well. Is there anyway you can catch and write down the error it is giving you before it shuts off? I had to do that with mine. Usually you have about 5 seconds to catch what it is saying. That would help us in telling you what the issue is.

Basically what you need to grab is the 3rd line...
BSOD_2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom