DVD drive not recognizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

markpelly

Baseband Member
i know this is a simple fix but i cant find the windows xp update so that i can make my dvd a "data dvd" cant i just install a dvd writing application like Nero? or is this a driver issue?

What exactly is going on? Can you not see the dvd drive in My Computer? Can you see it but not burn anything with it?

sorry for the late response guys.

well im doing a backup and Windows Backup doesnt see that there is a DVD in the drive. and when i go to my computer it doesnt see that there is anything there. When you insert the DVD the autoplay function comes up and asks how you want to operate the DVD but i double click the explore DVD option and it shows nothing. I dled a burning program called free easy burner off of downloads.com and it went in there to try and maybe make a folder on the DVD and it seemed to work and then i went to my computer to check to see if anything had been added to the DVD and nothing was there. I opened the burning program again and there was nothing to be seen on the DVD.

When i was in the program it did show that there was a DVD in the drive and how much space was left (4.7gigs)

Im kinda stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom