Display horizontal lines IN GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.

otoduran

Beta member
Hi. I need help figuring whats wrong with my display/video card.

Im getting weird mild horizontal lines all over the screen when im on a game like Borderlands, Dragon Age, Starcraft 2. I cant see those lines anywhere else so i gues it has something to do with 3D rendering since when i exit the game and open a fullscreen photo or dvd movie they stop.

The lines are really mild and they are constantly shivering up and down on the screen. They look like white almost invisible lines of half an inch of width. Some are smaller but its hard to tell since they are moving all crazy. I can see them the most on the dark parts of the screen.

I got a:
Geforces 470 with latest drivers
Acer x233h monitor
950W Power Supply
8GB of RAM
Intel core2 Quad 3.4 ghz

And i tried already with vertical sink on and off.
Ask for mor details if need be. THX :grin:

I just noticed the big lines move upwards in a 1 sec interval or something ..looks like an old cinema noise thing.

Geforces 470, as in GTX 470? You shouldn't be getting anything like that. While it sounds like a card issue, it could be your monitor (doubtful).

First thing to do would be to check your connections between your card and monitor. Unhook your cable and hook it back up.

After that I would be calling the manufacturer of the card and see what they say. You may end up having to RMA it.

Sounds to me like your card is running at clock speeds that it isn't stable at.

I would recommend you set up an rma asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom