My Rig: Extensive advice or insite needed plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I use canned air a good bit. If I had an air compressor I wouldn't need to, but since I don't... ;)

It helps to clean out fans and heatsinks, especially if you use the straw attachment. That applies to laptops, too.

Actually, I use canned air a good bit. If I had an air compressor I wouldn't need to, but since I don't... ;)

It helps to clean out fans and heatsinks, especially if you use the straw attachment. That applies to laptops, too.

I do love having an Air Compressor.

Honestly an air compressor has done me more good with computers than anything else. I can truly say its a good investment for small around the house and car uses

'alternatives' to canned air include the following...

1. Use your own lungs. Unless you have so much saliva in your moth that you spray everyone when talking normally, there's not going to be a problem.
2. Get a standard 120mm fan, make a cone of paper and stick it around the fan. Hey presto, instant high pressure air.
3. If you dust out a LOT of cases, get an air compressor.

but for gods sake, DON'T just buy cans of air!

^but it's not hard to make a compression chamber, I've made tons just out of PVC. You can pressurise them past 150PSI, and a 3ft long 1.5" wide pipe will hold a **** of a lot of air :thumbsup:

140psi is more than enough with the correct nozzle fitting :) not like I'm recommending that one for any heavy duty stuff since its made for tires and sports balls but I'm just saying the cost of 5 cans of air equals the cost of a small compressor that will last you much longer and do the same thing.

Well someone told me somewhere in my life that a compressor for say car tires can have moisture buildup in the bottom of the compressor tank, and that it wouldn't be a great idea to use it on computer parts or cases. Also i seem to remember something about a static electric charge being caused by some compressors and the air friction rubbing against the nozzle or something <- that one i don't recall exactly where i heard it.

But if its the case that compressors in general are able to be used on computer parts like the CPU while I'm lapping, then I'll just pull our the compressor I use to gun off my tire nuts in like .5 seconds :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom