My Rig: Extensive advice or insite needed plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lets start a fight in this thread too. Seems to be the norm here right now. HaHa I will start. You are all wrong!!!! Abstract is unintelligent lol.
You don't need any fans, natural airflow is the way to go! Be one with nature and all the animals will love you.

next!

But on the real now, lapping is a good thing unless its a high end cooler specifically designed to be concave or convex to fit the opposite on the CPU.
just me causing problems hahaha

We weren't fighting that ONE thread was just one guy claiming more than he knew. Really things are good here and I hate you. :thumbsup:

BUT yes on subject we've covered everything it seems. Lapping good, and research your fans for your uses.

I was just asking a question ... /sadfaces at the hate-war XD haha

Thanks guys for all the enzyite erm i mean insight on this comp build. Like i said before I'll post pic's when i can. Schools been annoyingly long and keeping me from my computer ... /sadfaces

All the darned comp places out here only carry Artic silver 5 or AS matrix ( wich they want 30$ for >.< ) so i need to order some of that tuniq online when i get around to it.

Question: Is the canned air imperative for the lapping? Im a starving artist so to speak and wouldn't mind skipping it if the lapping allows for it :D

PICS! SOON! Maybe today? WHO KNOWS!?

But on the real now, lapping is a good thing unless its a high end cooler specifically designed to be concave or convex to fit the opposite on the CPU.

Those are exactly the coolers that need lapping. CPU's are flat, you can't bend them so there is absolutely no reason to design a cooler to be concave or convex. Companies like Thermalright are just to Proud to admit when they are wrong, even though 1000's of their coolers have been lapped to prove it.

Well, they could be thinking that as the face heats up, the thermal expansion would flatten out the concave....

This in theroy works, until the baselate reaches thermal equilibrium and the concave comes back... but hey... theoretically its a posibility...

Not that this really applies as I think you guys are talking about air coolers, but many water blocks have been proven to perform better when they are bowed (convex base).

Not that this really applies as I think you guys are talking about air coolers, but many water blocks have been proven to perform better when they are bowed (convex base).

Mainly because it enables them to get higher pressure contact on the center of the CPU IHS where the cores actually are.

I was just asking a question ... /sadfaces at the hate-war XD haha

Thanks guys for all the enzyite erm i mean insight on this comp build. Like i said before I'll post pic's when i can. Schools been annoyingly long and keeping me from my computer ... /sadfaces

All the darned comp places out here only carry Artic silver 5 or AS matrix ( wich they want 30$ for >.< ) so i need to order some of that tuniq online when i get around to it.

Question: Is the canned air imperative for the lapping? Im a starving artist so to speak and wouldn't mind skipping it if the lapping allows for it :D

PICS! SOON! Maybe today? WHO KNOWS!?

Anyone Know about the question in the above quote?

Canned air is a gimmick, don't bother with it. So long as you protect the bottom of the CPU when you're lapping you shouldn't run into any problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom