tell me what to build (wise ones)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the launch prices for Windows 7, just because someone is charging $700 bucks for it doesn't mean that's what it costs. Consider Best Buys markup on HDMI cables.

Windows 7 pricing announced: cheaper than Vista (Updated)

Also can I just ask,

Have you ever heard of the ******* edit button?

I'm surprised none of the mods have called you out for your numerous double and triple posts.

Can someone clean this mess up?

Here are the launch prices for Windows 7, just because someone is charging $700 bucks for it doesn't mean that's what it costs. Consider Best Buys markup on HDMI cables.

Windows 7 pricing announced: cheaper than Vista (Updated)

Also can I just ask,

Have you ever heard of the ******* edit button?

I'm surprised none of the mods have called you out for your numerous double and triple posts.

Can someone clean this mess up?

Any time I hit edit, it says I don't have permission to use this function. Which is why I rarely hit edit. after 5-10 seconds, I'm locked out from editing anything.

BTW, Target, (in Washington, it may be the area you live in which dictates prices?) also listed the same price for Ultimate edition.

I'm not talking about the upgrade install from a previous MS OS. I'm talking the full-install.

got a few seconds before I'm locked out of edit.

Also wanted to ad:

I should have looked up current pricing prior to stating older pricing.

I'm not talking about the upgrade install from a previous MS OS. I'm talking the full-install.

Note that in my link it lists upgrade at $219 and full at $319 for Ultimate.

And there should not be any variation in pricing based in area Microsoft sets the prices themselves.

Note that in my link it lists upgrade at $219 and full at $319 for Ultimate.

And there should not be any variation in pricing based in area Microsoft sets the prices themselves.

But no one's buying direct from Microsoft but the store itself.

Local Target my brother is at right now. I asked him to quote me a price, he says it's going for $430. (defintiely more expensive than Best Buy)

You're forgetting, the store also has to make a profit as well.

A box of cereal is priced at $0.75 for a 14oz box, but you pay $2.70 for it.

Prior to my previous post, I didn't ask my brother to check it for me.

But no one's buying direct from Microsoft but the store itself.

Local Target my brother is at right now. I asked him to quote me a price, he says it's going for $430. (defintiely more expensive than Best Buy)

You're forgetting, the store also has to make a profit as well.

A box of cereal is priced at $0.75 for a 14oz box, but you pay $2.70 for it.

Prior to my previous post, I didn't ask my brother to check it for me.

Easy solution, don't by from a retailer that has entirely no business selling computer parts/software.

Same thing happens at Walmart with old tech stuff.

http://consumerist.com/2010/09/walmart-time-vortex-yields-overpriced-memory-device.html

And the pricing I announced was for market price, not wholesale price as is often stated with new CPU's.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: Windows XP: Software

$261 is a lot less than $430.

Now. This is neither the thread or even the forum for this discussion and I think the OP deserves an apology for how far you managed to drag his thread off track.

Easy solution, don't by from a retailer that has entirely no business selling computer parts/software.

Same thing happens at Walmart with old tech stuff.

Walmart Time Vortex Yields Overpriced Memory Device - The Consumerist

And the pricing I announced was for market price, not wholesale price as is often stated with new CPU's.

Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: Windows XP: Software

$261 is a lot less than $430.

Now. This is neither the thread or even the forum for this discussion and I think the OP deserves an apology for how far you managed to drag his thread off track.

I'm not the only one who dragged it this far.

I made a simple statement how the OP should go for VISTA and wait for 8 Ultimate Edition to come out. Windows 7 still has bugs needing to be fixed. (like the issue of having to manually go in to start up a disk drive etc. to play a game)

And Slaymate, I agree about the Home Premium version, but we need to put into perspective, that we have no knowledge of what the OP does for a job/career. We don't know if his PC is also used for business purposes, on top of personal usage. (He's never specified) And considering it's an investment, may as well go the full investment.

I made a simple statement how the OP should go for VISTA and wait for 8 Ultimate Edition to come out.

And that's still a bad idea, Windows 7 is a better OS than Vista and Windows 8 may never come out.

ET/IT said:
Windows 7 still has bugs needing to be fixed. (like the issue of having to manually go in to start up a disk drive etc. to play a game)

That sounds more like a defective drive, a file/registry corruption or a bios problem. If it was a bug more people would have that problem.

ET/IT said:
And Slaymate, I agree about the Home Premium version, but we need to put into perspective, that we have no knowledge of what the OP does for a job/career. We don't know if his PC is also used for business purposes, on top of personal usage. (He's never specified) And considering it's an investment, may as well go the full investment.

Again I disagree. If you buy the Ultimate version and you don't need it you've just wasted money that you can't get back. If you buy the Home Premium version and you find out you need a feature that comes with Pro or Ultimate then you can use the Anytime Upgrade feature.
Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade PC Easily Add More Features Keep Files

ET/IT, I'm sorry but most of what you posted is completely wrong. Also, can you PM me a screenshot of the error you get when you try using the edit button?

Any more off topic discussion will result in infractions being handed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom