wireless keyboard not connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
i have a laptop w/o a working screen so ive connected it to a monitor. since last year its had a wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse.

a few days ago i disconnected the laptop from everything. when i connected everything again the wireless stuff didnt work but after i restarted everything was back to normal.

today i again d/c everything to put in more RAM. this time nothing worked. shut down and still didnt. i finally downloaded some new software (not sure if it was just the application that comes w/ this originally or it had drivers included) but as a result the mouse started working - however the keyboard still didnt.

at some point during an hour of trying i realized the less relevant parts of the keyboard were working ie volume up and down, pressing the calc button opened the calc on the desktop, etc. however typing, numbers etc didnt work. at this point the whole keyboard is not working. ive tried uninstalling and reinstaling everying but that doensnt do it either. i should mentioned after i uninstalled everything i expected the mouse to stop working but it continued just fine.

id appreciate any guidance in getting the wireless keyboard to work!

thanks
dan

Did you try a new battery in it? Try uninstalling your drivers, restart into safe mode, and run DriverSweeper. That should clear hidden drivers.

yeah tried the new batteries. tho i didnt think that was relevant considering it had been working a couple hours ago. driversweeper, i hope there's no harm w/ that ie getting rid of drivers that some programs may still be using? btw how would getting rid of old drivers help, as you thinking there might be a conflict?

ohh man. you guys didnt say we need to buy the program. its found plenty upgrades necessary but is asking for a product key.

Driversweeper is shareware, but used once for a gfx driver, for example, its a quick fix. You don't need the full version.

hmm well its asking me to type in a serial key in order to continue once it found the drivers that need to be changed / erased. what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom