Want to overclock laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3saucier

Beta member
Hey guys, I'm looking to overclock my Asus UL80jt laptop. It does everything I need, but I'd just like to get a little more out of it. I know a little bit about overclocking but not with laptops. It's really tiny and I'm worried about overheating. Also, Asus has it's own turboboost technology which supposively overclocks the processor by 33% straight from the factory so I'm not sure if that would interfere.

Let me know what information you need to help, thanks in advance everyone.

Honestly, theres really no easy way to oc a laptop... Usually overclocking is done via the BIOS and those are usually locked.
as you mentioned, heat is a huge issue too. You can try overclocking the gpu, but its a crap shoot with intergrated cards...

I think if Asus program works, thats your best option.

Overclocking a laptop usually requires doing so through an OCing program. I have recently overclocked my graphics on my laptop (specs in sig) using evga precision but that of course requires that you have a nvidia card or for ati/amd you could use overdrive. As far as cpu I do not recommend overclocking it through a program because they tend to cause instability and you can't really go past the voltages your at now because heat becomes a serious issue.

But for GPU it's worth a shot but there's no guarantee you're going to get anywhere or very far.

Overclocking a laptop usually requires doing so through an OCing program. I have recently overclocked my graphics on my laptop (specs in sig) using evga precision but that of course requires that you have a nvidia card or for ati/amd you could use overdrive. As far as cpu I do not recommend overclocking it through a program because they tend to cause instability and you can't really go past the voltages your at now because heat becomes a serious issue.

But for GPU it's worth a shot but there's no guarantee you're going to get anywhere or very far.

It does have an nvidia geforce 310m.

I have an Asus UL30A and have undervolted and overclocked the CPU. It's a SU2300 1.2GHz and run it at 1.4GHz @ .9V. Temps aren't an issue and I still get around 10.5 hours battery life.

I use ThrottleStop for voltage control, setFSB for overclocking, and MemSet for memory timing tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom