Annoying computer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
captureoxy.png

That's within a minute after windows loaded
The attempt before my windows couldn't even load all the way before freezing LOL.
And the attempt before that I froze while loading HWMonitor

No idea. All I know is I've probably kept my computer (my previous build) on for weeks with my game online. And I bought the 8800gt 2 years ago (used on my previous build).

PS: I read somewhere that it's possible that my PSU has failed. I'm going to RMA this thing then we'll see..

So instead of testing my psu I decided to see if it works...by increasing cpu and ram voltage. What bad can happen besides increased electric bills?
I'm at work now so when I get back and my comp is still on then we know that I just needed to increase the voltage.

So far so good, I left this computer on overnight with no freezing whatsoever. I forgot what I did... all I did was increase the voltage, manually input the timings from Auto to 9-9-9-24 (as advertised) in BIOS and a full CHKDSK. Hopefully that did it.

Sorry mate, for some reason I decided to switch out my RAM...and there's been positive feedback so far. no freezes, no BSODs as of yet. Looks very promising though, as I've tried some intensive games.
Thank goodness it worked (or seems to work) because I did not want to RMA my PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom