MSI 770 C45 refuses to post after hardware upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-RockMan-

Banned
Just like it says I stopped folding on my computer at 1:30pm because UPS had dropped off my artic freezer 64 pro and ram.
I let the computer cool down for about an hour and took out the mobo and installed the heatsink fan and add in the ram.
Upon hooking everything back up, I turned on my pc and it's not posting at all.
The sata hdd spins up and dvd burner blinks but doesn't so it's usual start up sound whenever I turn on my pc.
The keyboard isn't receiving any power as well as the usb mouse.
When I try to turn off my pc by pressing the power button for 6 seconds nothing happens.
My mobo has a active phase feature on it, usually when all 4 leds are lit up it will post only one light is on don't know wtf is going on at this point...

Before I go to my doctors appointment tomorrow I'll call msi and see what they know, but right now I need my pc back, as I am studying and pretesting for A+ certification for next wednesday at 11:00am.

what ? smell burned as in cpu or mobo ?
When I checked the tempature of the cpu using core temp it was avering between 41c and 44c even the mobo said so when I rebooted it...
I really don't want to have to call amd and have them replace that phenom ii x6 it's bad enough they don't want us to use other heatsink fans.
How can I tell what part burned out first ? **** I hate being me....

Well I my mobo needs about 2 more stand off's and yes all of the connectors are properly seated or else the computer would not turn on at all.

Let me ask this before I give up and call msi to rma the mobo.
If I have everything connected properly and the minute I hit the power button.
Shouldn't the power switch allow me to turn off the mobo with the button if all power,reset and hdd led is in it's right places ?

Everytime I turn on the pc, the blue led light comes on, when I hit off for 4 seconds, it won't turn off.
Before today everything was working fine as it should be.
I tested that phenom ii x6 on my mothers computer, it saw it but refused to take it because it couldn't recognize it and takes only 95 watts cpu's.

Before I go to sleep I'll rehook up everything again and call msi first thing in the morning, why in the **** did this mobo pick a time to **** up ? :(

It's official the mobo is totally screwed up, came out of MSI's mouth this morning.
Tested over the phone with them for about 20 minutes to determine the mobo wen't haywire.
Good news is the phenom ii x6 was recognized properly by mothers new mobo.
Atleast the CPU isn't at fault, I am waiting for the RMA number today to send off tomorrow.

MikeFuryXP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom