file copy slows down towards the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
I've got two SSDs in my rig now. One is connected via Sata(6Gbps ftw), the other is in an external 2.5" USB 3.0 enclosure.

When I copy a 1Gb file from the sata drive to the usb drive it'll go BLAZINGLY fast for nearly all of it. I'm talking nearly the whole transfer finished in under a second. About 7/10ths of the way through though it'll start to slow down in a semi-exponential kinda way. i.e the copy will still continue, but it'll start going slower and slower and slower. When the progress bar finally hits the end, it'll stay like that for ~20 seconds before the copy window closes.

What gives? :umm:

edit: copying from a standard 3.5" sata to the SSD sata goes at ~90-120Mbps sustained throughout the transfer, no slow down, no wait at the end of the transfer.
edit edit: copying from the standard drive to the USB SSD tho has the same problem. In fact, it's a little weirder. The progress bar is immediately at ~8/10ths completion, then it stays there for ~22 seconds before just randomly finishing.

Not really, do you have the latest chipset drivers installed? You could try playing with the SB voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom