$500-600 Budget, first build!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the0wner

Baseband Member
Hey, I decide to build a computer for regular use(watching movies, light gaming, surfing etc.) My budget is around $500-600. I will be waiting on deals to get my parts. So even if it takes a month, I don't mind.

So far I got the following:

Mouse - already own
Keyboard - already own
Monitor - already own

Power Supply - $35 After Rebate -Antec NEO ECO 620C 620W Continuous Power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Motherboard -
HD -
Graphics Card -
Computer Case -
i7/i5 -
DVD Burner -
RAM -

So you guys think its possible to have a nice build for that budget by gathering parts from deals?

If you would be willing to go AMD you could have a really nice build, Intel is more expensive and you might go a little over. However, wait until the hardware pros chime in before you take my word on it.

That is a great price on the PSU!!
ORDER IT NOW!!!!!! Its a shell shocker deal so it won't be there in a few hours

Matt is right an i5 will push your budget while an i7 will blow it wide open where as an AMD would still get you what you need at a smaller price tag.

If no one gets to you before I'm out of class I'll put something together for your needs in your budet.

If you would be willing to go AMD you could have a really nice build, Intel is more expensive and you might go a little over. However, wait until the hardware pros chime in before you take my word on it.

That is a great price on the PSU!!
ORDER IT NOW!!!!!! Its a shell shocker deal so it won't be there in a few hours

Already ordered it before I posted actually :p.

Matt is right an i5 will push your budget while an i7 will blow it wide open where as an AMD would still get you what you need at a smaller price tag.

If no one gets to you before I'm out of class I'll put something together for your needs in your budet.

If I can get a deal on AMD, I'll guess I'll take it. I'm not in a hurry to build but a sample would be nice :)

Thanks both repped!

Ok you talked me into it. I'm going to throw something together just to give you an idea on price comparison and performance. BRB

it signed me out and I lost it all. Abstract will build you something nice. I got you around $600 total build with a dual core i5 and around $650 for a quad core build.
That had a not so good GPU but good enough for what you wanted and I had to also add in RAM that you forgot to put as a need.

Ok you talked me into it. I'm going to throw something together just to give you an idea on price comparison and performance. BRB

it signed me out and I lost it all. Abstract will build you something nice. I got you around $600 total build with a dual core i5 and around $650 for a quad core build.
That had a not so good GPU but good enough for what you wanted and I had to also add in RAM that you forgot to put as a need.

It's ok. Thanks for trying though. I think quad core will be better. And thanks again, added the ram to the list ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom