My Rig: Extensive advice or insite needed plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
more smaller fans will give you more airflow, but bigger fans will be quieter... so its really what you want...

This is false, cfm is cubic feat per minute, so so it's size x speed... aka diameter X area/time

So basicaly

A bigger fan at a slower speed is equal to a smaller fan at a higher speed.

Forget the labeling... the temps are bogus as far as I can tell. Arctic Silver 5 performs as well as MX-2?

bsmeters.gif

This is false, cfm is cubic feat per minute, so so it's size x speed... aka diameter X area/time

So basicaly

A bigger fan at a slower speed is equal to a smaller fan at a higher speed.

a 230mm fan moves 110cfm of air, if you get four 120mm fans that each move 50 cfm, that is a total of 200cfm, so i reiterate, more smaller fans move more air than a single 230mm fan but it will be louder...

EDIT:

also, a 230mm fan has almost no measurable static pressure, sure its moving air into the case, but its not blowing the cool air across the various heat sinks in the case like 120mm fans would be doing, especially if you get higher CFM fans like 70cfm+.

;)

^Thats wasn't your statement... Your statement was a blank, big fan less air... Which is false.

The 230 only moves 110cfm cause its slower. Not because its a 230mm fan. Set both fans the same speed and it'll push more.

The volume of air moved is based on the size and speed.... You seem to be forgetting the speed aspect...

Well we could also argue on the angle, surface area, concave, and curvature of the blades and how it affects sound and cfm there are so many factors to fans it's kind of ridiculous to think about. If you have ever seen a scythe you know it looks nothing like a noctua as far as design and we know this to be because one is designed to be silent the other to be a wind tunnel maker

but two fans of the same design at the same speed but on a different scale the larger fan will have higher cfm but be louder to some degree.

lets start a fight in this thread too. Seems to be the norm here right now. HaHa I will start. You are all wrong!!!! Abstract is unintelligent lol.
You don't need any fans, natural airflow is the way to go! Be one with nature and all the animals will love you.

next!

But on the real now, lapping is a good thing unless its a high end cooler specifically designed to be concave or convex to fit the opposite on the CPU.
just me causing problems hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom