My Rig: Extensive advice or insite needed plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Radeon xfx hd 5970 is a monster! Its bigger than a brick!

That tower is huge and weighs about 30lbs without all the stuff in it! OMG >.<

I have everything put together in the tower except the CPU / Heat sink which i need to lap XD And i don't have all the wire stuff done with the mobo / psu ( since i was tired epicly ) but its looking uber BEAST!

Cant wait to overlcock this thing and be /RAWR to everything gaming!!!

Epic thanks to everyone!

huh, per that scale it beats shin etsu... im eating my words :)

what cooler were you using?
there are few models from S.E.
seems like the 7783D is the best, which model did ya get?
1236043439L0bdV188X7_4_3.png

courtesy of HOCP

*side note*
Absolutely does not recommend AS5, reasons below;

• requires curing time (needs to be burned in)
  • dries out over period of roughly 6 months (1st hand experience, do a quick googling, and one may find multiple reports by other users)
  • it's conductive, not recommended using it on your graphic card. (yes, you can still use it, but one screw up and you are SOL)

The Radeon xfx hd 5970 is a monster! Its bigger than a brick!

That tower is huge and weighs about 30lbs without all the stuff in it! OMG >.<

I have everything put together in the tower except the CPU / Heat sink which i need to lap XD And i don't have all the wire stuff done with the mobo / psu ( since i was tired epicly ) but its looking uber BEAST!

Cant wait to overlcock this thing and be /RAWR to everything gaming!!!

Epic thanks to everyone!

We WANT PICTURES!!!

In the next few days I'll try and get some pictures up! I need to borrow the GF's camera since well, i don't have one XD

Ill also be picking up some other thermal paste tomorrow but i don't think I'll be able to work on the PC build at all since ill be at school for like 19 hours and have to go to sleep pretty much when i get home o_O after an hour commute :[

Also, just a question about lapping. In one of the video's i saw posted on the forums here, the guy said to use 320 grit ( or 300'ish something or other ) and that it would save you a lot of time. Is that a wise idea?

--Edit--

230mm fans x2 is totally epic :D

--Edit Edit--

Would going x4 120mm fans be better? (Total of 8 OR 12 if i want to do x4 on the side panel)

more smaller fans will give you more airflow, but bigger fans will be quieter... so its really what you want...

you are talking about the side fans on the 932 correct?

more smaller fans will give you more airflow, but bigger fans will be quieter... so its really what you want...

you are talking about the side fans on the 932 correct?

Well it comes with a top and front 230mm fan. It does not come with a 230mm fan on the side of the case, but it has the mounting ability for one. the only other fan is the 120mm on the back, and there will be ANOTHER 120mm fan on my heatsink.

Also, just a question about lapping. In one of the video's i saw posted on the forums here, the guy said to use 320 grit ( or 300'ish something or other ) and that it would save you a lot of time. Is that a wise idea?

600 grit is as low as I would go. Lapping isn't really a process you want to rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom