HElp!!!Laptop hanging on Pressing Any Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuobo

Baseband Member
Hey everyone,i guess i need some help here.My laptop ,A Toshiba A215 S7414 with a dual boot setup with windows and ubuntu 10.04 was working perfectly until 2 weeks ago when i booted up.
The system now hangs if i press any key after the Toshiba boot up logo, Though if i don't press any key, the system starts successfully and i can then use the keyboard.
This has nothing to do with my dual boot because i changed hard drives and this issue still exists.
Even when i boot with xp or windows 7 cd , the system hangs if i press any key and the only solution is to use the power switch. I have even changed RAM, still no solution.Please i heed a great deal of help here.Thanks y'all

thanks ,i did that and even updated my bios.Is it possible its the keyboard?i'll get one tomorrow, but its still a probability. I just hope its only the keyboard.

Can you get into the bios, does the keyboard work in there? If it does then it's not the keyboard. I'm stumped by this..

sorry for the mislead there. The keyboard works in the bios too.Any ideas??Keep them comin.

hello house. sorry for the late reply, i changed keyboard and same issue persisted .I also noticed something being that If i change my RAM, it works momentarily, then stops after like the next 3 reboots. any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom