Need some good advice for a CPU cooler on a brand new AMD 1055T/GA890XA-UD3 build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody remember that special edition all copper Thermalright TRUE?

Ultimate CPU Cooling Solutions! USA

How's about 1900 Grams!

Here you go :thumbsup:
true1.jpg

true3.jpg

I would recomend you always run a cpu temp monitoring program during the summer months, just to be on the safe side... I currently have a similar problem as you (a hot room) and on my laptop with a fan pad things can get toasty.... so thats just my 2 cents

Here you go :thumbsup:
true1.jpg

true3.jpg

Slay,

That has got to be the most beautiful, shiniest, and well lapped CPU cooler in the entire world! Excellent job!

I could brush my teeth, comb my hair, and have my wife put on her make-up with that mirror! Nice work!

May I ask which lapping kit you used?

Soar

Heister,

I would recomend you always run a cpu temp monitoring program during the summer months, just to be on the safe side... I currently have a similar problem as you (a hot room) and on my laptop with a fan pad things can get toasty.... so thats just my 2 cents...

Thanks for the great advice! I have placed a temperature guage with 4 separate probes on each of my computers [one probe on the CPU, one of the HD, one on the RAM, and one for nothing].

I noticed that my CPU temps have never gone above 50, so I feel fairly safe about that.

Soar

I genuinely thought you had stuck 10p to the bottom of the cooler when I first saw that yesterday. I only just realised it was a reflection when I checked back today after soarwitheagles had pointed it out lol.

I didn't use a "lapping kit". I went to my local Ace Hardware and got a scrap piece of glass (12"x12" and since it was a scrap piece they gave it to me for free). Then I bought the sandpaper from my local Auto Parts store.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/heatsink-lapping-guide-226442/

Slay, I will definitely be purchasing the sandpaper and the varying grits mentioned and find some glass too. Thanks for helping me understand how easy it is to do. That video was awesome and easy to understand.

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom