GFX sleepmode

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentobaku

In Runtime
Hey guys I'm back with yet another problem. I have been building a PC for a friend of mine. Last night after working on it (almost complete), I put the computer into sleep mode. When i tried to awake the machine the monitor turned on with a signal but the screen was black. After hitting a few keys and nothing happening I rebooted. After reboot the same thing only its not going on into windows either it just beeps. If i pull the gfx card out and plug back into the on-board it boots fine. I am thinking the gfx card went bad, just seems strange cause the card is less than a month old and has maybe 10hrs of use. So I figured i would check here first to see if there was any ideas.

I realize that it can be faulty from the get go... but i wanted to make sure to try everything before sending it back. And the fact it worked perfectly fine up till it went into sleep mode.

Power
* Device Type: Power supply
* Power: AC 120/230 V
* Power Provided: 270.0 Watt
* Power Consumption Operational: 275.0 Watt
* Power Consumption Stand by / Sleep: 275.0 Watt

This is a slim case computer so i cannot change out much.

i'm wondering about the psu also... 270W is pretty low.

I'd try the card in another system, and mzasybe try a bigger psu in the dell.

You can run a normal psu outside the case to try a boot up of the system. But It may very well be too weak of a psu.

Ok will try it... does it matter that it all ran with no problems for two days? If it hadn't worked from the start or gave me problems I would ask, just odd everything was fine for a while. We played games on it and everything. I honestly had no problems with it till it went into sleep mode.

Trying the bigger psu and will let you know how it goes.

Crap.... Its a dell, finding the right psu is tough.... I'd try the card in another system first... less head ache.

Maybe also check your bios that the pci-e is selected first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom