My Rig: Extensive advice or insite needed plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you spelled insight wrong.

/sad faces at poor spelling

Ok guys, i think i might look into maybe getting another graphics card then, and call that build a day. Whip out my credit/debit card and get them on the way to papa!

With another Graphics card, would i need to have a higher output PSU though? Just wondering since i saw some other posts that recommended around 1000w for sli cards ... BUT THANKS!

--Edit--

Btw, they don't have spell check in the header :p

Touche. Shame folding is only for x86 and GPU, I'd love to see the log file for a really big machine like this.

It'd probably be a mess.. too fast confuses the servers... However there were some users with 1 mill updates frm a server and big advanced units...

Back to OP, 850 is a good sli size.. I have 700W on 260-216s

Therow said:
I also do a lot of graphic design work and 3d modeling, so i was kinda wanting a rig that is mostly for gaming but i could also tinker around with 3ds max and maya

The Nvidia GTX480 or GTX470 would be a much better choice for these types of programs.

My AutoCAD PC has 12GB of memory in it, it's not a bad idea.

SSD's are the future. I have one right now and I Luv it. Load times are fast, it's Quiet (no moving parts), it runs cool (no moving parts), and it's more likely to survive being dropped or bumped around (no moving parts). They do cost more but why cheap out on what should be a screaming fast system. It will make a noticeable difference in my opinion.

yes i was saying we, as in the home computer user not a server..... lets be reasonable here even if i had a billion dollars why would i want a server for gaming???

Had you mentioned before that you would be 3d modeling and doing graphic design the answers would be slightly different the original build I suggested with one more ram kit would benefit you nicely and would come out to just under $1800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom