GeForce GT 240 causing web browser to crash computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

That1Kid

Baseband Member
First off, thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

I have a BRAND NEW EVGA GeForce GT 240 1GB DDR3, and when playing 3D games, the card performs very well. But when I browse the internet, my screen freezes, I see tiny artifacts all over the place, and I must manually power down the computer.

I have researched this issue, and have come across several people having the same issue that I am having. Some people have replaced the card more than two times, and it still doesn't work. Has someone here had the same issue with the card, and somehow got it to work correctly? I have the most up-to-date drivers that nVidia has for the card, and I uninstalled my old video drivers with Driver Sweeper. I have a brand new OCZ Technologies 550W Fatal1ty edition PSU, so I'm pretty sure the power supply isn't the issue. i checked the nVidia forums, and the representatives basically said that the card isn't the issue, and there is nothing they can do about it.

Do you guys recommend that I just return it and buy something else? I would like to stay around the same price range. I bought my GT 240 for $55 after a $30-$35 (can't recall exactly) mail in rebate. Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

I haven't tried using a different browser. I'm using FireFox and this sort of thing never happened before I changed GPUs. I've seen a lot of people with this issue. I'm gonna return it today, and hopefully find something around the same price-range. Thank you for replying.

Does your motherboard have a built-in Realtek Network Adapter? While I haven't experienced your actual problem, I have had other problems that were related to a Driver conflict with the newest Realtek Drivers and the Nvidia Drivers.

Go to the Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters.
Right click on your adapter and select properties.
Using the image below as a guide select "Roll Back Driver" if it is available.

rollback.jpg

Realtek drivers have problems with everything now in days it seems, the sad part is, most motherboards seem to use realtek. -.-

Thank you all for posting. Unfortunately, I have already returned the card. Now I'm just trying to find the correct card in my price range. What is the best card around $100 in your guys' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom