Blue screen of death twice already after OS install

Status
Not open for further replies.

pro2a

In Runtime
I just installed a new OEM copy of Windows 7 64 bit. My system is compatible with it. I have my memory frequency set at 1066MHz. My system specs are below.

Twice in the last 24 hours I've gotten the blue screen of death, and all I was doing both times was running was Firefox and Winamp. After the last reboot, Firefox kept crashing on me. I can't read the screen quick enough when the blue screen comes up before my system restarts. I did manage to catch "Physical Memory Dump"...

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Edit: I did use GParted to format before I installed Windows 7.

Go into your BIOS and change the setting about restarting on error. That way you can get the error code(s).

You may also want to uninstall Firefox and reinstall it as it sounds like the installation has become corrupt.

Odd... I reinstalled Firefox and ran it with Vista 64 bit compatibility... haven't had an issue yet *knock on wood*

After some Google-fu, I discovered that there isn't a version of Firefox that is compatible with Win 7 64 bit...

That's funny. I've been running Firefox on Win7 ever since I installed the beta without a problem.

Go into Control Panel, Click System, click Advanced System Settings, then click Settings under Start Up and Recovery, uncheck the Automatic System Restart, this will have your computer stop at the BSOD that way you can see the error codes, please write it down, and post it on here, it is highly unlikely FireFox is causing this issue, sounds more like a RAM issue to me.

Oh, and FireFox is perfectly fine in Win7 in both x86 and x64, it's just that they don't write a 64bit version of firefox.

I will do that, and next time it gives me the blue screen... I'll get the info. So far so good. I also noticed my 3 in 1 drive was acting up... once I unplugged it from the MoBo all was well again too. Who knows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom