Practise Makes Perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smack

Baseband Member
So I'd love to have a bit of fun and just give myself 3 hours to just follow some online instructions and attempt to build a computer for myself. I've already accepted I'm never going to do it on a real PC, since I wouldn't want to risk messing anything up, however I'm more than happy to spend a bit of money to build the cheapest possible PC I can find.

I'm basically wondering if I can get all the key components for a computer for under £70, something that'd actually work if I turned it on, but wouldn't actually have to be any good. It doesn't have to be pretty. Doesn't have to be good. If it blows up after 3 weeks, it blows up. So if anyone can put together a dirt cheap build online, that'd be awesome, and will give me plenty of fun fiddling around with it, even if I put it together, then completely take it apart and put it together again!

Edit: Just thinking, I could probably get a lot of this second hand off Ebay for pretty cheap.

Go to your local dump, they will probably have a sale section and in Hampshire (where I am) they have to mark any items they are selling for more than £5. The rules might be different in Manchester but I would certainly give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom