hp 533w and a new shuttle motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shin

Beta member
I was having problems with my pavilion 533w and the motherboard stoped working. So I bought a new Shuttle MV43VN Socket 478 microATX Motherboard from tigerdirect and I plugged everything in and the power comes on the problem is that I can't get any display. I have an agp card and it also has onboard video and I can't get either to work plz help me if you can thanks...

well you have to disable onboard video in the BIOS for your graphics card to work otherwise there will just be a conflict between the two pieces of hardware. Remove your graphics card...plug into the Onboard graphics...get into the BIOS if you can, disable onboard graphics, and put in your graphics card. Also make sure the primary display is set to AGP and not PCI

I've tried switching from agp to onboard too. I can't get any picture and can't figure out how to get the screen to turn on.

are you getting any beeps or anything of that nature? Or does your computer just sit there once power is applied to it, no beeps, no nothing, just fans spinning and the sound of the HD Turning? If that's the case the 1 or more components in your computer is bad and would require a little troubleshooting. You can find computer troubleshooting basics at the top of the forum.

Yes just fans turning and hard drive noises no beeps which is what i've been tring to get it to do.

Sounds like something isn't seated right, could be the AGP card, RAM, or the CPU itself. Make sure your system is entirely clean. I had a hair laying across the RAM slot and when I seated the RAM the computer wouldn't boot. So try reseating the RAM and the AGP card and make absolutely sure that they are in. If the thing has onboard perhaps you should simply try the RAM first and see if you can get a video signal period. If you don't then try clearing the CMOS because perhaps the BIOS has some bad parameters that the CPU can't handle or something along those nature. If that doesn't help then try reseating the CPU itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom