agp voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
I was reading through the ati website, and they state that the voltage for your agp card should be 1.6v. The default my mb had was at 1.5, and I only have three options, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7. What does every one else have? Do you increase the voltage when ocing, much like you do with a cpu?

I think it is 1.6, but double check with Sapphire. And yes you CAN increase the voltage when OCing your card, but just like the processor, it will heat up more with added voltage. Your card generally can only OC to a certain point before you get artifacts (due to heat) so added more voltage (and more heat) would not help. I would say that the only way you can benefit is if you had really good water cooling.

Yea watercooling and ocing go real good together. I would say that the card is 1.6v and i always raise the voltage when oc'ing

that should be plenty fine w/ a little volt jump. dont fret you should also have a performance boost. only a little one though.

he's not going to get a performance boost from raising the AGP Voltage to it's stock setting.....he'll get better stability out of the card and that's it, and if you haven't been experiencing instability then you won't notice anything at all.....

Now I wonder if this is why my FX 5700 card wouldn't work in my ASUS board...perhaps the voltage needed to be set different in the BIOS and at the time I just didn't know...oh well I'm months past that so I'm not about to pull that out of the dust try and find out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom