random freezingq

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameswallace

Solid State Member
my computer will randomly freeze, and just do nothing!

it is completly random, sometimes it will be on logon screen, sometimes it can be after hours of use!!

it doesnt like hibernating, when coming out of hibernation it never works, ie always freezes,

i thought that it might be over heating since i havent dusted pc for a year so did that yesterday, even psu, and still the same.

ive tryed re installing windows 7, still the same.
i thought it might of been one of my ram sticks, so i removed one of them, (i have 1gb and a 2gb stick, i removed the 1gb stick, and so far it seems to be running ok..

help!
thanks

I suspect it might be as Slaymate is stating, it could be an overheat.

Otherwise, it could be a RAM or HDD problem.

slaymate what do you mean by hwmonitor?

well its definatly not over heating, speed fan says the levels are nice and cool, and sometimes it freezes after 1 min of using pc so not time to over heat, ive got a spare hard drive, going to try windows 7 on that and see how it goes....

Help! lol

pc.jpg

i see the gpu is a bit toasty, the cpu is only that warm cos my fan is turned down, but if i turn fan up it cools down gradually

Your CPU is all right. Your GPU is looking a but hot. Might want to re-apply thermal grease on that. Though, I don't think that is your major problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom