New pc build help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i reccomend you get another 460 later on down the road, set money aside every week for a lil while and find a good deal on another 460 and then you would have a computer that can play any game at absolute max settings and resolution. i have no idea how much the total is in american dollars... but i did my best to keep it to the bare minnimum with out skimping on quality or features. you would be very happy with this build as it is, but like i said if you throw another 460 in there youll have a computer that can hold its own with the big dogs.

Case: £44.64 inc. VAT
NZXT M59
NZXT M59 Midi Tower Gaming Case - Black - Aria Technology

Mother Board: £145.86 inc. VAT
MSI X58A-GD65 Intel X58
MSI X58A-GD65 Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard - Aria Technology

memory: £122.19 inc. VAT
G.SKILL Pi Series (3x2GB) PC3-12800C7 1600MHz
G.SKILL Pi Series (3x2GB) PC3-12800C7 1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Kit - Aria Technology

PSU: £134.35 inc. VAT
Corsair CMPSU-750AXUK
Corsair CMPSU-750AXUK 750W Modular Power Supply - Aria Technology

HDD: £68.73 inc. VAT
1TB Western Digital
1TB Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive - Aria Technology

CPU Cookler: £22.31 inc. VAT
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus
Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler - Aria Technology

Total: £538.08

interesting you chose the MSI board - is that a personal preference or from reviews?

most things reviews that i've came across recommended the Asus over the msi and the gigabyte, although one, pcpro, said recommended the gigabyte.

cheers

i personally see MSI and Asus on par with each other, and both are leeps and bounds above gigabyte in my mind. i have heard too many horror stories with Gigabyte boards, but this is my oppinion, i will never touch a gigabyte board let alone consider putting one in my build.

with that said, a ton of people sware by them and wouldnt put anything but a gigabyte board in their build.

im sure they aer completely save and considering the thousands and thousands of mother boards the company has built over the years, ive only heard a hand full of horror stories, but i just wont touch them.

so that is why i went with MSI. honestly i went with it not because it was a MSI, but because its not a Gigabyte, it was in the budge i set aside for the motherboard and had the features i was looking for from a mother board in the price range i was looking at.

i personally see MSI and Asus on par with each other, and both are leeps and bounds above gigabyte in my mind. i have heard too many horror stories with Gigabyte boards, but this is my oppinion, i will never touch a gigabyte board let alone consider putting one in my build.

with that said, a ton of people sware by them and wouldnt put anything but a gigabyte board in their build.

im sure they aer completely save and considering the thousands and thousands of mother boards the company has built over the years, ive only heard a hand full of horror stories, but i just wont touch them.

so that is why i went with MSI. honestly i went with it not because it was a MSI, but because its not a Gigabyte, it was in the budge i set aside for the motherboard and had the features i was looking for from a mother board in the price range i was looking at.

Ah, ok then mate.

I think i'll probably get the Asus since it was recommended by some FSX guru who has sorted out so many performance problems for people, coupled by the reviews i've read.

A question though - I've came across a good deal for Corsair (TR3X6G1600C9) 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3 Memory CL9(9-9-9-24). It's 2nd hand, but Corsair comes with a lifetime warranty and the seller is able to give the receipt - I'm able to save about 30 pound, 45 USD. Checking online though for this ram with the Asus mobo, there are quite a few people complaining about the 6GB not being recognised and having to change a tonne of stuff in BIOS. Heard of this before?

Here is the RAM: Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX6GX3M3A1600C9

Problem like this?: Asus P6X58D-E with CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 - The Corsair Support Forums

There does seem to be a lot of happy people though so it might just be one of those things you read a few times and think everyone must be having the same problem..

DDR3 Ram is so **** fast, the speed and timings dont really make any real world difference, you will not see a difference in games with 1600ghz 7-7-7 over 1033ghz 9-9-9 ram. DDR3 ram is so effiecent it really doesnt make a difference, if you are getting a good price on that ram then go for it, it wont matter in games.

if you go here, these benchmarks say the difference between the 460 1 gig and the 460 768mb are about 4 - 10 fps in games. since he already has the 460, i dont think itd be worth it to try to get the 1 gig version.

no chance in changing for the 1GB version - i think for the price as well I wouldn't notice a difference especially for the extra price.

sean - thanks for that info. Do you think this RAM would be fine/good when overclocking my 930?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom