weird boot after recent oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtfunkymojo

In Runtime
I recently OCed my cpu a bit and raised the vcore a bit.

The Problem:
1. It boots all the way up to the Windows loading screen, but it bluescreens when Windows is supposed to show the log-on screen.
2. The computer restarts
3. The computer continues to boot all the way to the desktop as if nothing happened. The OCed cpu seems stable here. no bluescreens

This happens consistently every time I boot.
So how do I fix the blue screen?

dont turn off your computer... problem solved ;)

what processor do you have? what operating system do you have? what powersupply do you have? what mother board do you have? what ram do you have? how high of an overclock did you do? what cooler do you have? did you adjust the RAM timings at all.

post screen shots of CPUZ of the Memory and CPU tabs plus load and idle temps...

Obligatory specs

View attachment 4483View attachment 4484View attachment 4485

mobo: EVGA P55 SLI E657 (FTW)
PSU: 645W

Also, I have a stock heatsink. My temps go up to 80 in less than a minute during stress tests. I'll need a new heatsink. It stays around 50-60C for gaming though
My cpu isn't overheating. I can see the temp on the motherboard as it loads windows. (50C max)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 50
hmm, well one thing i see funky is the timing on your ram...

7-7-7-20-135 that cant be right... it should be something like 7-7-7-21-36 if you can link us to your exact ram we can see what the timings should be and that might have something to do with it.

Also... 80° is alarmingly high, i cringe when my AMD gets over 50°. but to be honest, i dont 100% know what the danger zone is for intel chips...

Your vcore is too high for your current OC, you should be able to easily bump it down to under 1.3v for a 3.2Ghz OC

What's the error number you're getting when the BSOD happens?

it should be something close to like 7-7-7-21-36...right? i think, but i could be totally wrong... but mine is 9-9-9-24-34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom