Dimension XPS Gen 5 processor upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULTIMA

Solid State Member
OK so the situation is this im trying to upgrade to dual core processing and i found a core 2 extreme online and i would like to know if my pc can handle it cause my current processor is running 90nm and the core 2 extreme i believe is a 45 so im not sure if that is an issue but the manual says it can handle dual core processing but i dont want to waste time or money shipping parts and what not only to find compatibility issues the motherboards model is 0gc068 and i cant find a compatible processor list and the computer was a gift so i dont have the motherboard book id appreciate any advice or help thanks a bunch

^Thats not entirely true.... but because its a Dell, the end result most likely is true.

What is your model?

OK so the situation is this im trying to upgrade to dual core processing and i found a core 2 extreme online and i would like to know if my pc can handle it cause my current processor is running 90nm and the core 2 extreme i believe is a 45 so im not sure if that is an issue but the manual says it can handle dual core processing but i dont want to waste time or money shipping parts and what not only to find compatibility issues the motherboards model is 0gc068 and i cant find a compatible processor list and the computer was a gift so i dont have the motherboard book id appreciate any advice or help thanks a bunch

I most likely think it's that you're asking, if not, then sorry for the crappy post :(.

Won't the Dell Model be "Dimension XPS Gen 5"
bad_O_o_by_crula.gif
? Or something else specific your looking for?

Good find, patonb.

Looks like you are limited to Pentiums with your current system.

ok so according to that i should be able to get a dual core processor am i correct now would it support the 45 nm core 2 extreme most likely not however i found a great deal on one for two hundred from a friend but id like to know the final verdict from those participating in this discussion thus far thank you for yalls input by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom