I Need Help I'm Going Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lelly

Beta member
Hi this is my first time in a place like this, so I dont know if anyone will get this message or not..... I have had some major problems with my pc which a friend has been trying to help me with... I had so many viruses I thought I would have to take my pc to the hospital.....ha ha .......we have now managed to scan and remove? I think quite a few viruses, but was unable to install avg........... my friend has it and says that it is good. We did manage to install Avast though and this is working ok at the moment. We have been trying to sort out my pc for 3 days now. Since we have done this I am now having probs trying to run things out of my start button,, It is only basic things....eg regedit but I am baffled as why it wont work anymore.
If anyone understands what I mean and think they know why this has happened I would appreciate any info you have.
Thanks Lelly. :confused:

if you can, please download, update and runs these programs, they will help get the bad stuff off of your computer.

spybot, search and destroy (gets rid of nasty spyware)
ad-aware by lavasoft (gets rid of spyware/adware)

by the way, AVG doesn't get a lot of virus's, i would stick with avast.

Thanx again for replying to another question of mine.
We have already done spybot and ad aware also my friend tried hijack this and it refuses to let us open it. but we dont know why...
any other suggestions will be very much appreciated.
Thanx lelly.

if it comes down to it, you should reinstall the operating system (ME/98/XP) or whatever you have. that will take everything including ALL the bad stuff off your computer and make it all fresh and clean.

Thats what we thought we might have to do.
my friend has got a lot of pc knowhow friends so maybe they can think of something else other than that. if not i guess i will have to start from scratch.
Thanx lelly.

once you get so many viruses or even one bad virus windows is never repairable to a perfect state. The only way to really take care of it is the clean install your operating system..

I think Norman is the best antivirus program... ever
it is said that Norman is the only antivirus program that got 100% in the tests
plus it's designed to run well on Windows 3.1 all the way up to Windows 2003

"I Need Help I'm Going Crazy" Is your question about your computer or that fact that your going insane?

I would just reinstall your operating system. Try to make a little partition so if you need to reinstall your os again you can stick the things you really need saved on that partition. When you reinstall your operating system you can pull your data right off the other partition.

Definately reformat, and this time around, install virus protection and do regular adware scans from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom