need help assembling this monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

master_mas

Beta member
dear all,

i recently bought parts and assembled a PC. but i think i did something wrong as i am facing a lot of problems with it. every second day i get a different problem. i am a bit noob about it and followed instructions from youtube only to assemble and overclock. and i would like your assistance.
my PC specs:
Intel i7 980x extreme edition.
Asus rampage 3.
EVGA GeForce GTX480 Superclocked 1536 MB DDR5.
Corsair 6GB (2x3gb) dominator GT 2000mhz memory.
Corsair H50 CPU cooler.
Coolermaster silent pro 1200W.
Coolermaster HAF 932
Samsung SSD 256.
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB.
LG BD rewriter.
i would like some guidance for the following.
1. Cable management inside the case. it looks messy.
2. Motherboard connections. i read the manuals but feel like i ma do something wrong and screw this up. and some parts don't have places to go.
3. CPU over clocking couldn't follow the videos as they always use different bios screens.
4. TRIM.
5. it's too loud.

please give me a list of youtube videos or forums topics to go through that will help me.
also list of programs that i need to use to moniter if everything is alright.

thank you very much for.

Alfa.

one post pics and two i dont think that ram will work, unless that is 3x2gb and as far as connecting all of the mobo wires goes do follow the manual and not some crappy video on youtube, and as far as overclocking goes the reason the bios screens are different is because every mobo manufacturer uses a different bios for different boards and even some of hte boards from the same manufacturer are different

Yeah I noticed the RAM also I am not an intel guy but I think they have to run in 3's as in 3 sticks if I am not mistaken. Yes post pictures because that is one **** of a setup you have there!! Cable management is basically run the cables behind your mobo. I looked up your case and you have slots that are along the outside of where your mobo mounts. If you can, try to run your cables through those and then back out near your plug. You can neatly keep those cables behind the mobo with zipties.

As far as connections ... well you cant really go wrong. As long as your not using a hammer or anything and not having to push with all your weight your fine.

here's a picture of the final product.
28qq4c4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom