E8400 3.00 GHz CPU running @ 2.4 GHz only

Status
Not open for further replies.
So changing it won't have any negative effect? I'm just afraid the fan stops thus the CPU will burn.

Okay I can gurantee I've totally lost control over this fan. I turned off the CPU Smart fan control, and it was still rotating at 2900 RPM. But that's not its max, as after I enabled the option back again, it once reached 3010+ RPM. So this fan is 100% now rotating as it wishes and I have no control over it.
Will a fan replacement be a good idea?
Thanks.

How do you know the max? Fans have a set speed. The specifications of it will tell you.

rpm.png

Why are you so worried about the fan speed? If it is cooling your CPU, leave it. If the sound irritates you, get another fan.

If the sound irritates you, get another fan.
which is exactly what I'm thinking of, but this fan is like only 2 months old.
Is the fan the cause? Or something in the mobo causing it to rotate high speed?
I have no problems spending cash on another fan, I just wanna make sure it'll work out this issue.
Thanks.

Fans can go bad for unknown reasons. As all other hardware. I cannot tell you if it will work out your issue.

IIRC, I suggested you get a new fan a couple pages ago.

Maybe I bought a low quality fan ( It was fan + heatsink for like 6 bucks, which is pretty cheap ). It's either the fan is low quality or maybe something messed up randomly.
I'll look for a high quality inexpensive fan to apply.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom