Notification Settings

joelm3103

Fully Optimized
Is there an easy way to change my notification settings on all my previous subscribed threads?

I changed the notification settings in my "General Settings":
15rfac4.jpg

The notification settings on my subscribed threads however didn't change:
24whs2v.jpg

If not it's ok, but if it has an option can someone please show me?

I'm not positive but I think the notification setting that was in effect when you originally subscribed to the thread stays in effect until you repost in the thread with a new notification setting.

Ohhhh I see. That makes sense then :), thanks for the info. Doubt I'll post back in all those but I'm sure most are them are solved anyways. It was just looking odd, so I just thought I could of changed all lol.

So that means if I want to be notified by email for any recent threads I posted in (like between now and last month), I have to unsubscribe and then resubscribe?

AFAIK yes. I dont know how the subscriptions work. I dont use them and have them turned off. I have never paid attention to them and AFAIK they only go into effect the first time you post not at any time you post in the thread. I could be wrong and very much likely am. Since i dont use it cause i know what topics i post in this feature is useless to me and i pay no attention to it.

Well when you mentioned it in your previous post, it seemed to make sense being that I replied in a previous thread from today and the notification type did not change; but it did change when I created a new thread and so on. I did unsubscribed and resubscribed to make sure and that seems to have solved the problem.

You said you don't use to subscription function, that meaning also you do not use it to be notified on your UserCP as well (just UserCP or ACP, not email)?

Mak and I crawl through just about every thread on a regular (multiple times per day) basis. Subscriptions would be redundant for us. ;)

I dont use it at all. Not via the UserCP, not via Email, not by the guys wearing the brown shirts that come to my door daily. I know just by looking at a topic title, and the fact the forum has icons to show it as well, if i have posted in a topic or not. I dont have to be reminded if i have posted in a topic and to check the thread again. Since i go into every forum on the site just looking at the forum index tells me if there is new posts to look at. So subscriptions dont mean anything to me as they tell me something that i already know. I like redundancy, but that is over kill.

Just hover over the envelope in any forum index. It will tell you right there if you have a post in that topic. If not it will give you the Alt Text of the first post. Just going forum by forum you can easily tell if it is something you have responded to before or not. So why use subscriptions when you already going into the forum, just have to know how to use the icons to your advantage. So as you can see subscriptions are useless for me. As they only give me information that i already know. Since i dont have constant access to the site, and the fact we dont have a mobile version, i dont need email notifications. As if i am reading me emails, i am at my desk anyways and will be on site shortly to check the topics myself. See where this is going.

Topic subscriptions are for those that more or less dont come by daily and do check every forum. That isnt me. I am here daily and i know pretty much what topics i have read and which ones i havent.

Back
Top Bottom