Been outa the game for a while need some insight

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only difference between the 930 and the 950 is the factory clock speed. other than that they are identical. if you arent going to be overclocking ( which is foolish ) go with the 950, if you are overclocking i say go with the 930 because its a prooven champ at overclocking. some people would say go with the 950 because its supposedly binned better and could get a better overclock, and they are right, but there isnt any real evidence that they are binned any better so the chances of a better overclock witha 950 over a 930 or undetermined and the 930 has proven its self.

THe radeon 58xx series are great cards! if you are still wanting multi monitor support then the eyefinity cards are your only choices.

the regualar edition 5870 can support 3 monitors and the eyefinity edition cards can do 6 monitors.

EDIT:
you posted the same link for your Powersupply and your motherboard

EDIT EDIT: id recommend going with a regular hdd and not spending the premium price for the 6/gig second

you don't have a power supply linked, just (2) mobo's.

The 950 is only $15 more than the 930 and you get (2) extra multipliers and with Turbo Mode you get (3) Multipliers. I would go for the 950 myself.

With that system I would go with the 5870, any less and the video will be your bottleneck. And I would buy (2) 5870's before I wasted money on the 5970.

Sean that HDD was actually less than the Caviar Blue lol, and i fixed the Power supply link

Yea with the lower price now on the 950s i am really attracted to them

and i plan on over clocking everything, i actually found a a/c unit that doesnt have to go into a window so its gonna be possible to lower the room temps altho i still plan on adding a water loop in the very near future

Edit: i like the 5870s alot they are a great bang for the buck and the Eyefinity thing is a really nice feature, do you guys have a brand preferance?

this powersupply is cheaper and better

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

i dunno about you, but id rather spend $90 on a 1.5tb hard drive over a 500gig... but if 500gigs is enough for you then if thats what you want there is nothing wrong with it.

XFX is probably the best brand for ATI cards... they have a double lifteim transferable warrenty. that by its self is worth the premium price for the cards.

this card has your name on it
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0496&cm_re=eyefinity_6-_-14-150-496-_-Product

With the extra multipliers the 950 should be an excellent overclocker, or at least it gives you more options.

The PC Pwr & Clg. power supply is an excellent choice, if money is no object I'd stay with it. Otherwise I would go with the Corsair unit Sean linked to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom