X58 boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
X58 is the chip set that the intel i7 series CPU's use... so if you have an ( 1366 ) i7 processor you need a X58 board.

with that said, you can expect awesome performance from any MSI Motherboard. MSI and Asus are my favorite motherboard manufacturers, i really wouldn't even consider putting anything else in my rig.

with that said, those big bang boards are at the low end of the high performance spectrum motherboards. they are amazing boards that have usb 3.0 and sata 6gig/s and they support 3 way SLI and crossfire. there is no doubt that those are amazing boards. but my personal favorite and the board i have done a retarded amount of reading and research on is the Asus P6X58D premium board, the bang for the buck on that board is amazing and matches the features that boards that cost almost twice as much as it has.

Thanks man, i just know that MSI has a new software built into some of their bigbang boards it allows you to run some nvidia and ATI cards basicly in like a sli mode and it will even allow you to run different generations of video cards xfire or sli like a nvidia 260 with a newer card, im really liking the things im reading and hearing about some of the big bang boards. Ill def check out the boards you mentioned

it's used in a few msi boards but it isn't their work. what you're talking about is the lucid hydra chip.

Lucid HYDRA 200 Details With AMD, Lucid & NVIDIA - LUCID Hydra 200 - Legit Reviews

right now, i only see 2 boards at all (on newegg anyway), that are currently available with a hydra chip.
Newegg.com - MSI Big Bang Fuzion LGA 1156 Intel P55 / Lucid Hydra 200 ATX Intel Motherboard
Newegg.com - MSI P55A Fuzion LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
they're not x58 boards though, they're p55's as you can see.

asus showed that they were working on an x58 board with the hydra chip a few months ago,
[H]ard|OCP - ASUS Demos Immensity X58 Hydra Motherboard
but it was still in the concept stage.

if you were to use one of these boards there are still some strings attached. that i know of right now... i think win7 is required to run multi-gpu setups, and not every game supports the use of multi-gpu setups using the hydra chip. i'm sure there are more, but you'd have to research that further on your own.

thanks man, i just heard about that and thought it was really cool but then i thought about it and laughed at my own stupidity realizing i dont have any other gpus to put in there then what im gonna get with my new builds lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom