2nd Upgrade I've done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now I need a hard drive, I'm checking out this motherboard and it says:

Serial ATA 3.0Gb/s Headers: 5
Serial ATA 3.0Gb/s Headers: 1 - External

I guess that also means that I can get a hard drive that is a Serial ATA II, is that correct?

I also read that a 7200 RPM is good for the type of PC im making, correct?
And I dont really need much space, I was think of 200 to 400 GB, any recommendations?

The price difference between 200gb and 500gb is tiny i would go with as much space as you can get in your comfortable price range, as for the drive it self i would advise getting at least a 32mb buffer if not a 64mb buffer, and you can use a drive that is a SATA 3mb compatibale, and most of the sata 2 drives are compatiable

The price difference between 200gb and 500gb is tiny i would go with as much space as you can get in your comfortable price range, as for the drive it self i would advise getting at least a 32mb buffer if not a 64mb buffer, and you can use a drive that is a SATA 3mb compatibale, and most of the sata 2 drives are compatiable

Ok, cool buddy! Thanks for the info! So pretty much I just have to look for a hard drive that is SATA or SATA II, and I'm good to go with this motherboard?

i would get the fastest your board can support in this case its 3mb/s so get that for sure

Ok guys here's what my baby is going to look like:

Motherboard: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz
Graphics Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5
RAM: Corsair DHX 4 GB (2 X 2 GB) DDR2 800MHz Dual 5-5-5-18
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5"

So I went to newegg and found out about there power supply calculator and I got 391 watts,
But I read that just with my graphics card I need 400 watts and if I crossfire it I need 500 watts.
So, I'm still investigating but I need your guys professional opinion, please! I need help! LOL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom