Help finding parts for building a PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TesserracT

Beta member
Heyy, I'm new the the forum obviously, and I'm sure you've come across countless threads like this, but I'm in need of help finding parts for building a current high end gaming machine. I dabbled in looking into building one, but that was 3 years ago, and obviously, a lot has changed.

Basically, I'm just wanting a PC that can play upcoming games such as FFXIV, Call of Duty Black Ops, Fallout New Vegas, etc...

I have a preference towards ATI and AMD, and Honestly I'd like to go with one of the six core processors they've released recently, but I want to upgrade it in a way that's not going to completely break my bank. Spending around 1000 doesn't bother me in the least bit though.

Thank's in advance guy's. I hope you're able to help me out.

do you have any componets at the moment, a case, keyboard and mouse, a monitor? if you have any of that kind of stuff it would be nice to know because we can do the build accordingly

My bad

I'm pretty much planning on starting from scratch. The only thing i have in mind is i'd like a build that uses one of the AMD 6 core processors, and either a 5850, or if I can afford it, a 5870.

what is your absolute max budget? and ill put together a great build for you.

EDIT:

to add to what i said, you really wont be able to make complete use of a 6 core processor unless you are doing video editing or other processor heavy applications... you'd be better off spending less money on the processor and more money on the graphics card, games use a lot more of the graphics card than the CPU.

but like i said, lemme know your budget and i will put together an amazing build for you.

I'd say my max is 1200, If I could go lower, that would be great

Also, I already have a mouse, monitor, and keyboard.

This computer has an AMD 6 core processor, supports USB 3.0 and 6gig/s drives, it has a Radeon XFX 5850 and will be able to play any game on the market at high settings with high resolutions very handily...

Case: $40
NZXT GAMMA
Newegg.com - NZXT GAMMA Classic Series GAMA-001BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Motherboard: $175
ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3
Newegg.com - ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Processor: $198
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX

Memory: $98
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM

Graphics Card: $280
XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB
Newegg.com - XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

PSU: $110
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

HDD: $90
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

DVD Burner: $18
Newegg.com - LG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD Burner - Bulk LightScribe Support - CD / DVD Burners

CPU Cooler: $30
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus Intel Core i5 & Intel Core i7 compatible RR-B10-212P-G1 120mm "heatpipe direct contact" Long life sleeve CPU Cooler

Total: $1041

I didn't realize 7200 rpm harddrives had gone down in price that much :eek:

I appreciate it though :D This looks like it's exactly what I need.

the case i listed is my FAVORITE bang for the buck case and its screaming to be modded and it has amazing airflow. if you get that case i highly reccoemnd that you put fans in every available fan space. if you want a case with a side window that is my second favorite bang for your buck case, look at the NZXT M59 case. but yeup, that build would be able to handle anything you can throw at it.

If you can afford to spend a lil more money i would max out your budget on the graphics card, but the one sean gave you is a really nice card and delivers great bang for your buck

To be honest I think you'll have more performance on games with an i7 920/930 build. The games that take advantage of multiple cores usually only use two cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom