6800GT softmod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thats awesome. When are they gonna start making pcx the standard for video cards? i was told it has so much more bandwidth than agp but yet its not being used.

I think it'll be a while before we see cards that can really take advantage of the 16x bandwidth, I believe just like when AGP 8x first came out.

so the second generation of cards will be the big boomers on pcx then? Like on 8x the FX cards werent that great but the 6800's are booming.

I don't know what you're talking about the FX cards not being that great. My system below easily stands up to an AMD64 bit system with dual channel XMS RAM and a 9600XT card....I know because I've put the two against each other. The AMD64 system ran the exact same settings, High settings, 800x600 resolution, but it played it like 5FPS faster. BTW: At the time though I had pc3200 512mb RAM

i was talking about when the 5800 ultra and 5600 ultra came out. They where up against the 9800 pro and 9700 pro. The ati cards totally owned them!

Raekwon said:
i agree, but at the moment the X800Pro is not even close to the 6800GT :D

This is true. I was talking to somebody who upgraded from an X800 Pro to a 6800GT and he couldn't believe the difference. He was saying that you wouldn't think there would be that much of a difference being as both cards are priced the same, but with this generation, comparing an X800 Pro to a 6800GT would be like comparing a GeForce FX 5700 to a GeForce 5950 Ultra, especially when it comes to Doom 3 performance. The X800 Pro does suck horribly for a $400 card, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it sucks all together. It has its place with the other upper-midrange cards such as the 9800 Pro/XT and new $250 GeForce 6600GT. For the X800 Pro can still play new games at high settings, but maybe not with high framerates or AA enabled.

i was talking about when the 5800 ultra and 5600 ultra came out. They where up against the 9800 pro and 9700 pro. The ati cards totally owned them!
Oh yeah definitely, I'll agree with that, both cards had real bad issues with drivers and just overall turned out to be a crappy line. I'm glad as hell I got the FX 5700 even though it died out I got it manufacturer replaced so it's got a bigger heatsink on it than when it left lol so that's cool and it works pretty damn good. I saw the 5700 Ultra speeds and I couldn't believe the memory is at 900 compared to my 500! Wish I had that :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom