ready to build a new comp, need some suggestions plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool thanks calc, let me know what you think about the rest of the system and thanks to everyone for helping.

to add to what calc said, i have had all 3 on my computer, stock heat sink, " small water unit " ( Corsiar H50 ) and now i have a full custom water loop. my idle temp is 27°C and load temp is 34°C with a ambient temp of 24°C. course im talking about an AMD chip, intel i7s Generally run hotter than a phenom II.

but it really all depends on what your budget is for a cooler... stock cooler is comes with the cpu, my H50 was $80 and my water loop was $150.

you need to look at what you plan on overclocking, if its just the CPU you can generally get good results on a good air cooler, if you plan on doing overclocking on a gpu or multiple gpus and RAM dimms as well you might want to do more research into your case air flow dynamics or look at a full system water loop which can get VERY expensive it is like the guys have said you have to know what your goals are

If you go with the ATi HD5000 series graphics card(s) then you won't have any issues overclocking on the included stock heatsink. I can overclock my 5870 to 900/1300 (maximum allowed by ATi Overdrive) with the fan at 50% on the stock cooler and keep temps between 60-70C which is perfectly acceptable. I would only recommend a full water loop if you're overclocking nVidia GTX480's or other very hot running cards. Otherwise an air cooler or CPU only water cooler will work well for just overclocking the CPU. Make sure your case has good airflow, I'm using the Antec Nine Hundred which has great airflow and have both the CPU and GPU overclocked with just an H50 on the CPU and increased fan speeds on the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom