What RAM would ya recommend for my new AMD 1055T/GIGABYTE GA-890XA-UD3 MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. P II 965 = i5 750 so we are pretty much on the same level. You could out-overclock me, I do believe.

Thanks. P II 965 = i5 750 so we are pretty much on the same level. You could out-overclock me, I do believe.

You have a nice rig. I thought the 1055T was more on the level of the i5-750. Tom's hardware likes to compare the two a lot in testing and benckmarking. I have one of those P II 965's but never opened it. I have heard only good reports about them.

Thanks again for your encouragement and comparison of revving the car engine...I was concerned that even a little overclock could endanger the CPU on the AMD side of things. Maybe that report was inaccurate? The folks at Gigabyte forum UK are convinced that running RAM above 1333Mhz results in bringing serious risks of damaging the CPU.

Since I know nearly nada about OC'ing, I probably will not mess with it much at all.

On my present system [i5], the RAM posted initially at 1333 Mhz. The GSKILL tech people recommended I turn on the XMP to bump the RAM speed up to the full 1600 Mhz. I tried it and it worked like a charm. Everything is stable, no issues at all. So I am kinda happy about that. One tiny drawback is that it increased the overall temps of my entire system. Not sure what caused that, but 4-5 degrees C doesn't seem like that big of an issue. To be honest with you, I am wondering if there is really all that big of a difference between 1333Mhz and 1600Mhz. Not sure if the 17% is all that noticeable. What's your thoughts on this?

My goal for my new 1055T rig is to have a system the runs stable, reliable, and dependable.

Hope I can reach that goal using 1600 Mhz RAM.

Have a good one Trotter!

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom