E8400 3.00 GHz CPU running @ 2.4 GHz only

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks like rev. 6.6 should be the only rev. for your model. otherwise the gigabyte spec page would have links to the other rev.'s right next to the model # at the top of the page.

even if it doesn't matter what rev. your board is, and you're just really paranoid or something, you can open up your case and take a look for yourself. on gigabyte boards it will have the rev. # printed at the edge of the board, on the bottom-left hand side of the board.

here (inside the green square somewhere),
2ywxopd.jpg

Thanks everyone.
I was little afraid but the bios flash went really smooth, it took like 30 secs to update. Once I successfully bios updated, I loaded optimized defaults.
I checked from inside before the bios update and yes it was rev 6.6
I read on a website that that bios update causes the fan to work at 100% speed all the time. How do I check if I have that error?
Thanks every one again.
EDIT : I found after the bios update that I saw Floppy Disk Drive A, but I've never had that before the update. Any suggestions?

You can use speedfan in windows to control fan speed. There also may be an option in BIOS, not sure.

By default it sets that FDD. It does not mean you have it, it just is set for it. You can press Enter on the FDD A drive and select none/disabled

My CPU fan is currently running at 2900-2925 RPM, is that high?
EDIT : I don't have the stock cpu cooling fan, I bought a new one but I don't remember which one.

Your fan can sometiumes set to be controled by the motherboard.... But honestly, if you aren't annoyed by it, don't worry aboutg it.
You need to know which fan you have so you know holw fast 100% is, but 3k seems 100%.

Is there an app to know if the fan is running @ 100% or not? Not just the speed of the RPM, but the percent of the whole speed.

Actually it's the same temperature.
I even disabled the bios to auto change the fan speed according to the temperature, and to run it always at fan speed, and it's running @ 2987 RPM which is my max settings. It's producing noise. Is there a way to fix that?
Will downgrading my bios back fix that :S?

I'm not really sure.
I asked the shop to replace it as the old fan was being weird. He replaced it in front of me but I didn't check the size etc.
What's a PWM fan?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom