E8400 3.00 GHz CPU running @ 2.4 GHz only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Download the BIOS file from anywhere you want. It is the same file.

BIOS updates are straight-forward. The horror stories you heard was probably just people updating the bios with the incorrect version or restarting in the middle of it. I do BIOS updates myself. It is a breeze.

An overclock does not degrade anything. It is 100% safe, if done correctly. Your OC will be nothing. I overclocked my C2D Q6600.

Setting the fsb to 333 isn't overclocking if that's the speed your cpu is suppose to run at, which it is. Your just manually adjusting the bios to the stock settings of your cpu.

Thank you both, I really appreciate your help.
Is the bios update needed in my case? If I update the bios, I'll still need to enable that option, meaning I'll still need to OC, right?
If a bios update is needed, is it safer to update via CD or USB Flash drive? Or updating via windows is same risky?
I just want to be in the maximum safety possible as if this mobo bricks I won't be able to buy a new one as I'm completely broke atm.
Thanks again.

Thanks. I appreciate your help.
I want to buy a new GPU too and need guidance, shall I continue posting in this thread or shall I start a new thread?
Thanks again

Without the proper bios, overclocking could be tricky.

You won't wreck your system. As Gigabyte says you should be using F5c one, so obviously its needed for something. And its probably has to do with properly recognizing the chip, so as to run it safely.

Use the flashdrive, it'll be fine. I've also done alot of updates through windows with 0 issues.

So I assume I should update my bios?
And if so, Shall I go to F5c only? or shall I jump to F6a directly?
And have you got guides on how to update via usb flash drive?
Thanks in advance :D

Thanks. Seems like bios updating isn't too risky. Do I need to prepare the usb flash drive in a certain way? OR just format it, put the files and run Q-Flash?
Thanks again all. +rep added :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom