Is it worth me upgrading to AMD x6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Currently I got AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4Ghz. I found out that my motherboard will take the AMD Phenom II X6 CPU.

For some one that is mainly using the PC for games and data storage, would it worth my time and money to upgrade to a X6 CPU?

I think he's saying that he can never afford to buy the things that are worth the money for computers. Or that's what I thought he meant. >.<

^No, slay has one of the burliest rigs on here, he spares no expense on his toys.

Now, would the X6 give you any more performance for your intended uses?? Nope.... But that all depends on what your time an money are worth to you.

it might be worth your time and money if you have nothing else to do and money doesn't really matter to you lol

IMO we are to far into this generation for updating from one modern chip to another to be worth it. I would hold out till at least Q1 2011 to see how Sandy Bridge affects things.

Before I get called out for not including bulldozer in my statement the last I saw it isn't expected until 2H 2011 so it would be a much longer wait. The lga2011 Sandy Bridge parts are another option that should show up later next year.

I think Bulldozer will be early 2011

Anyway, as to whether Thuban is worth it, it really depends. The advantage is having two more cores, which doesn't improve single threaded performance.
It can help if you're running heaps of programs all at once, and/or if the programs you use actually make use of 6 cores.

I think Bulldozer will be early 2011

From what I heard Bulldozer only works in AM3+ motherboard, so he needs to upgrade his motherboard as it won't work in his existing motherboard

Furthermore, why do you think that bulldozer will be on early 2011 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom