**The LINPACK Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for me, if it fails it's usually because my memory is unstable. If my cpu voltages are too low it just outright freezes. So yeah, I'd think the prob is with your memory. Set it to what it's meant to run at, and make sure the correct voltage is set too.

i dunno, i paid some *** hat to build my computer and he robbed me and bought a bunch of bogus stuff.. its Gskill tho... i just kept the voltage on auto but adjusted all the timings

EDIT: well i just ran it with the proper timings and it stil failed after completing the first run :/

Oh and Soul ol pal, I'll do that next run when I get the Mosfets/Chipset on water. I promise I wont disappoint you. Until then I'll focus in on tightening the ram. Thank you for the competition. I got 4.8 to boot, no issues, so I saved the profile to work on later....for now I need some help getting my 4.7 sorted out. Perhaps slay could help me when he gets a chance.

Booting at 4.7 was easy for me? SuperPI would even run (I don't think it could do 1M though).
Oh, and thanks but second place just doesn't feel right for me. I think I'll stick with first place ;) :grin:
But seriously, come on mang! You should be able to kick my score's *** with WC

97.8375 GFlops | S0ULphIRE | i7 980x @ 4.466 GHz
lin6.png

edit: whoops, just noticed I forgot to switch the second cpuz screen over to the memory tab lol. Same details as the shot below:
memory6.png

Second place takes some getting used to my friend, but I'm sure you can do it. Dont worry, the deck is stacked and I dont bluff when I say I still have a couple of aces. Dont be fooled by the voltage(Vcore+ VTT) the Vcore is actually 1.53v.
99.1733 GFlops | cq842000 | i7 980x @ 4.638 GHz
23.jpg

fair enough... nice run both you guys...

have any idea why i cant get it to pass after the first run? ive enver had this problem before :/

oh sorry didnt see the rest of your post, here is a screen shot

Untitled-19.jpg
Your vcore seems really high for that clock, I got up to 3.9 with 1.42 (this is the ss from my highest run so far, already entered).
linx513114.png

My current clock is in my sig, could probably lower the voltage down some from 1.44 but I haven't tried yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom