2nd Upgrade I've done

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ yea i know lol, i wanted to know what he was intending to do before i started rambling :p.

LOL! That's exactly what I wanted to do!

But guess what! I lost the auction thankfully!! WHEW!! So im looking into a few cards now and hopefully get one within these days!

Thanks for that clarification on the Phenom and Phenom II, thats what I thought because of the MHZ, but still, I mean look a buddy recommended me Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100245DDR5L Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card, and for what Ive seen, heard and read its much better than the Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5450, thats why I called myself dumb! LOL!! You would think that the higher the model number the better, but I guess not! =(

you are better off saving up some more to say the 650 mark because you will be needing a few more things to really make this into a gaming rig, for one if your power supply is really just 175 watts most graphics cards will deplete you power band themselves... So I would recommend trying to save up and going for a good mid range build, if I still had my old build I woulda sold it to you for like 450 cuz I'm a nice guy lol but alas I sold it over a year ago so I guess my rambling about that is pointless, one more question for you, what do you expect this system to do?

you are better off saving up some more to say the 650 mark because you will be needing a few more things to really make this into a gaming rig, for one if your power supply is really just 175 watts most graphics cards will deplete you power band themselves... So I would recommend trying to save up and going for a good mid range build, if I still had my old build I woulda sold it to you for like 450 cuz I'm a nice guy lol but alas I sold it over a year ago so I guess my rambling about that is pointless, one more question for you, what do you expect this system to do?

Yea, to be honest I was just guessing, because the last time I looked into my power supply was 4 years ago, and I've read much more since I posted that, so I'm guessing its a 500 to 600 watt power supply, seems like i need a more powerful one, which I will get. I'm going to post my build right after this, to see what you guys think!

My planned out build:

MB: Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 - 955 - 945
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 or Sapphire ATI RADEON HD 5750
RAM: Corsair DHX 4 GB (2 X 2 GB) DDR2 800MHz

Sorry it took so long, I'm at work, got carried away with my resposabilities! LOL!
And to answer your question heister: I wanna build this to play DC Universe Online, Star Craft 2 (my buddies want me to get it), Diablo 3. I know I dont need these high end stuff, but I just wanna play the games with like 50 60 FPS, cuz like with my old PC I use to play WoW at 15 to 20 FPS and it wasnt even at full blast. It's just the pleasure of being able to I guess!

looks ok to me lol but I'm not an amd guy so yea someone else is gonna have to give you a better look over on this

looks ok to me lol but I'm not an amd guy so yea someone else is gonna have to give you a better look over on this

LOL! Thanks man! Yea, my first build was an AMD, never did like Intel, but I like this build I think its good, I feel that its good. I've seen youtube videos and they post their PC specifications, and im like wow i want that! And I grab their ideas and put them into mine!

Newegg.com - ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard 95.00 after rebate 20.00 more
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-10600CL9D-4GBPK 86.99

So for 17.00 more then what you were going to pay you can get a board that supports DDR3 memory. Someone let me know if you disagree just my suggestion :)

Thanks for the advice, but the first thing I ordered was 2 x 2GB of RAM DDR2, but I can still get this MB and use them right, and in the future upgrade to DDR3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom