What PC should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither I would highly suggest building one on your own. You get more bang for your buck.
Now I know what you're thinking "I've never done it and it seems like a scary and difficult task."
It's not as bad as you think take a look at this The animated guide to Building a PC. Learn to build a PC from scratch with PCitYourself! and let us know what kind of budget you have and what this will be used for so we can build you the list of the best parts for you.

As far as response time I apologize you waited but many people have to work around work schedules so posting a detailed post isn't always possible in the earlier hours of the day. One more thing there is an edit button on your original post that will remain on posts made in the last 24 please use that before double posting.
One more thing Welcome to tech-forums.

Thank you, sorry for impatience and n00b mistake. I'm not particular as to numbers, but I guess 400 bucks is a fine amount to spend. More wouldn't kill me, though. I want something I can watch movies on, that will have blazing internet speed, and I like to have a lot of windows and programs open and running at once. Not much of a gamer or photoshopper. Thanks again.

Well, I'd go with the dell, But, if you could get abit more money, a better cpu would be best... Its the lowest one right now. Its not a super setup, but for movies and abunch of apps running, it'll be fine.

At 400 bucks, its hard to build a setup from parts. Can be done on sale items, but its tricky, especisally with Windows.

BTW, internet speed is the same no matter the computer.

Well, I'd go with the dell, But, if you could get abit more money, a better cpu would be best... Its the lowest one right now. Its not a super setup, but for movies and abunch of apps running, it'll be fine.

At 400 bucks, its hard to build a setup from parts. Can be done on sale items, but its tricky, especially with Windows.

BTW, internet speed is the same no matter the computer.

Can you say why you like the Dell better? And forgive my ignorance, but doesn't processor speed help speed things? Part of the reason I'm chucking my old emachine is slowwww internet speed, even though speed tester has me running fine.

If youre on a high speed connection, the speed shouldn't change.

I think you might be mistaking the internet speed, and the way the computer shows stuff.

What kind is youre emachines.... Its old but if its not too old, it could just use a cleaning.

I'd go dell, as while its not the brand new tech, it's newer than the emachines e5400 chip, and entire computers other parts.
The video card is, I believe, a better one.

The Biggest issue though with the dell, is dells cursed dell only motherboard /case setup, and special bios, can cut into any future updates.

If you are able to spend a bit more, and feel comfortable assembling the parts, for about $500 you could get a setup which would alow you to keep your system from being totally dispoisable.

congratulations Abstract, Atleast your school payed for yours haha

Gignoramus, In your case the dell would be fine, but as patonb said don't expect to upgrade later on down the line and if any problems arise good luck with Dell's customer support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom