AS SSD/HDD Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought i did install windows with AHCI enabled. But i think i enabled AHCI on the SATA Controller (the one that lets you choose between SATA IDE AND IDE + RAID) when i think your supposed to set AHCI Mode to AHCI.

I've got all the trim stuff working, and i've gone into registry to enable AHCI. But if i try to turn "AHCI Mode" to AHCI in bios, it won't boot. It just gets stuck before it loads windows and i have to take out the cmos battery to reset the bios.

You have to have AHCI enabled before you install Windows. I've read about people getting it switched to AHCI after installing Windows but it's never worked for me.

Yeh..uhm, not sure i can be bothered for now you know. I've already installed win7 twice today and spent hours acquiring apps, installing drivers and stuff.

I wish there were a quicker way.

Managed to reinstall Win 7 with AHCI.

Results kinda improved, Seq read improved which is the main thing i wanted for game load and windows 7 load speed. Seq write went down, but meh, doesn't effect me much.
The rest except 4K-64Thrd read which shot way up, are similar.

ASSSD-1.jpg

Would you say it was worth it in real world performance going to AHCI ?

edit:

After installing new Gigabyte sata raid drivers and rebooting my pc, got this score.

ASSSD2.jpg

Not alot difference, may of just been randomly better because of a reboot. Who knows.

Comparing your score from yesterday to today, 233 to a 336, I'd say it's quite an improvement :thumbsup:

I'll update the score results this evening.

Yeh a better result technically. Still something iffy about those seq write speeds, definitely should be quite a bit higher from what i've been looking at on the OCZ forums. Problem is they recommend everyone to install Intel RST drivers. Which my mobo's ICH9 controller doesn't support :madd:

Yeh a better result technically. Still something iffy about those seq write speeds, definitely should be quite a bit higher from what i've been looking at on the OCZ forums. Problem is they recommend everyone to install Intel RST drivers. Which my mobo's ICH9 controller doesn't support :madd:

Just be glad you got a version of ICH9 that has ACHI support, mine doesn't. :sad:

Hah, unlucky.

I also lost about 350gb of space as two of my hard drives obviously don't support AHCI. I don't care though too much, they were old. And my 500gb still works, and it's not like HDD's are expensive these days.

I'm tempted to save up for a mobo that supports the intel RST drivers with a newer controller instead of this ICH9 crap. But it seems stupid to get a 775 socket mobo these days, so really i need an i7 mobo and new cpu :hrmph:

Sanitary Erased SSD with HDDErase (thanks to soulphire for help on getting my bootable usb working with it on). Fresh install on Windows 7, only app on it is AS SSD.. the german one for some reason.

Anyhow, it got my sequential writes up which is what i wanted. And this is before i install my Gigabyte sata raid drivers which seemed to improve things further last time.

ASSSDBench.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom