Building My Custom Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i think im done.. im just finding deals that i can link them up too. found 2 so far and that saved me $200

Thx guys for all your help... i think i found the perfect parts for my baby...
--also if im missing anything let me no(besides speakers, desk, and chair.)--

6 Foot DVI Cable
DVD Combo Drive
COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Case (UPDATED)
24" ASUS VE246H LCD Monitor
SSD Mounting Kit
EVGA GeForce GTX 470 1280mb
Logitech G19 Keyboard
Cooler Master Sentinel Advance Laser Mouse
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 1600 (2x4GB)
ASUS Rampage III Formula
Crucial RealSSD 64GB SATA III SSD
CORSAIR 850w Power Supply (UPDATED)
Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA III HDD
Intel Core i7-950 3.06GHz Processor
ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro CPU Cooler
AeroCool V12XT Controller (ADDED)

--all for $2,265.36(not including Shipping)--

why would you consider financing a computer? its just something that looses value

I dont know if financing it such a bad idea ..... well at 22% or something dumb is, but not for a normal hey let me get my credit score rolling. Taking out a small personal loan (through your bank or credit union) and paying it off early is a great way to establish your credit score for future things that do increase in value ie: a home. Its also smarter then financing a car lol talk about losing value!!!

With that said bill me later and such things are only good if you already have the cash but want to hold onto it until later (ex: Build a cpu to sell but you want it to move before paying off the parts, you maximize capital that you can reinvest into another system to move again. Effectively doubling your operating cash ...) for the normal purchase, I agree don't finance

ya i got a small loan from my bank. 1 year loan not sure wat interest is yet but i have the money to pay it off quickly. im not a very patient person when it comes to... well everything haha..

Cool looks good and if your happy that's what matters. Normally the consensus is that rosewill PSU's are not that reliable but I think the one u picked will be ok. Have a look at the reviews to see what other people used in their builds with that and what problems or non problems they had
good luck man

Cool looks good and if your happy that's what matters. Normally the consensus is that rosewill PSU's are not that reliable but I think the one u picked will be ok. Have a look at the reviews to see what other people used in their builds with that and what problems or non problems they had
good luck man

ya i did look at the reviews and it did seem fine but i upgraded to be on the safe side.. also changed case and added a awesome touch screen thermal monitor(and fan controler)

well i havnt been following along but i see some flaws in your build...

first, why are you getting a i7 950? save your self a few hundred dollars by getting a i7 920 or 930 and overclock it... the only difference bettwen each of the 9xx series quad core processors is the factory clock speed, the hardware is IDENTICLE. and overclocking an intel i7 is so easy a monkey can do it.

secondly, the i7 9xx series used triple channle ram, you have listed dual channel ram listed. get this ram:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI

thirdly, dont get a SSD mounting kit, just use some double sided tape and call it good... and unless im mistaken, the HAF 932 comes with a SSD mount... ( but dont quote me on that )

4thly, if i were you, i would ditch the $130 keyboard and use that money to get a better graphics card... what i would do is get a cheap-o keyboard and use that $100 and upgrade to either a 480 or 5870. same thing with your mouse, get a " good enough " mouse and use the money saved to upgrade things that have processing power...

5thly, there isnt really anything wrong with the motherboard you chose, but i personaly like this one a lot more and its getting phenominal reviews... so id go with this one:
Newegg.com - ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

6thly, that CPU cooler you chose is absolute garbage... anyone of these will be much better, and if you take what im saying about spending less money on accesories and more money on things that have an impact on performance to heart, you can afford anyone of these heat sinks that are a million times better:
( order from most awesome to lesser awesome )

NH-D14
Newegg.com - Noctua NH-D14 120mm & 140mm SSO CPU Cooler

Coolermaster V8
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Intel Core i7 compatible V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler

Corsiar A70
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CAFA70 120mm Dual-Fan CPU Cooler

of you have any questions lemme know

Sean W, i tried msg you about this but for some reason i dont have permission to send msgs.. is there like a block or somthing for new users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom